1. What is SEO or Search Engine Optimization?
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”, which literally means the amendment of a web page or website according to the requirements of search engines so that the web page or site can rank at a higher position on the search engine results page (SERP).
In simple words, SEO is the process of improving the visibility of your site to get higher traffic when people search for your services or products on Google, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) improves the quality as well as quantity of a website. That’s why SEO is considered as a resume for a site, you polish it so you have your best foot forward. So, the higher a website gets a position, the greater will be engagement, leading towards more clients and customers. It is the primary goal of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
2. What are the benefits of SEO?
The benefits and advantages of SEO are apparent to those who are already benefiting from it. If you are still unsure whether your business needs search engine optimization for the website or not, here are 7 key benefits of SEO that will clear your mind about it:
· SEO improves user experience and brings high-quality organic traffic to your website.
· SEO makes your page well-known forever because of its high-ranking capability.
· SEO improves the trustworthiness of your website that boosts the credibility of your business.
· SEO helps you outrank your toughest competitors.
· SEO easily strengthens your digital marketing strategy.
· SEO ameliorates the digital marketing ROI as it targets your buying funnel.
· Google search console or Google analytics help you scrutinize and analyze the campaign search volume of your website that, indirectly, give the idea of the running status of your business.
3. Types of SEO Strategies:
Given the ferocious competition in the market, businesses try all techniques to rank web pages top of the search engines. Some follow the given policy of Google, some break the rules, and some try to stay in the middle line. Whether you are already an SEO expert or you are dipping your foot in the SEO sea, it is very important to understand the difference before you start the search engine optimization of your website. It helps you recognize the approach you are going to adopt for your website.
1) What is White Hat SEO:
· It is referred to the SEO techniques adopted according to Google’s rules and regulations to improve organic search results.
· These strategies function according to the expectations of search engines and searchers.
· Examples: Offering user-friendly and SEO-friendly content, optimization of all pages, quality link building, internal linking, social media campaigns, etc.
2) What is Black Hat SEO:
· It is referred to the SEO techniques that simply try to get a site rank at a higher position without respecting the guidelines of search engines.
· These strategies function against the expectations of search engines aneaky redirects, link schemes, doorway pages, cloaking, etc.
3) What is Grey Hat SEO:
· Grey Hat SEO is the combination of techniques and strategies of both White Hat SEO and Black Hat SEO.
· These strategies are safer than Black Hat SEO but riskier than White Hat SEO because, anyhow, it also contradicts the way search engines work.
· Examples: Building microsites, creating duplicate content, increasing KWs density with hidden texts, Using expired domains, etc.
4) Negative SEO:
· It is referred to any malevolent techniques and tricks aimed at vandalizing search engine rankings of competitors’ websites
· This type of SEO is considered “Black Hat SEO” due to its criminal nature.
· Examples: Hacking someone’s site and manipulating it, targeting a site with toxic backlinks, starting fake negative campaigns for a brand, etc.
4. Components of SEO
1) On-Page SEO
· On-Page SEO refers to the activities within your website to impact your rankings in the SERPs.
· On-Page SEO is the optimization of individual parts of website or web pages to rank higher in the SERPs.
· It refers to the optimization of content as well as the HTML source code of a page.
· Examples: Optimization of title tags and meta description, create content, anchor text, alt text, and cleaning up your site’s code.
· Technical SEO: As is evident from its name, technical SEO is the usage of tactics that can improve the visibility of a website on SERPs.
· Content SEO: It is also a subset of On-Page SEO that is all about high-quality content and its improvement.
2) Off-Page SEO
· Off-Page SEO refers to the activities outside of your website to impact your rankings in the SERPs.
· It is all about the promotions of your website on other, already, popular platforms.
· The main tactic of Off-Page SEO is referred to the Link building, there are also many other techniques in Off-Page SEO. i.e., social media marketing, content marketing, forum posting, local listings, etc.
5) Local SEO
· Local SEO suited to local businesses or startups.
· In Local SEO, the same tactics are utilized as mentioned in SEO, but the strategy is changed according to the targeted local areas.
· Examples: Local businesses like plumber’s page, medical services, real estate, bars, restaurants, etc. require local SEO for their pages.
6) Global SEO:
· Unlike Local businesses, businesses at the global level demand global SEO.
· The whole world, sometimes targeted regions of the world, are kept in mind while doing search engine optimization of given websites.
· International SEO makes a business easily accessible to international clients.
· Examples: Major platforms or brands like Amazon or Nike necessitate international SEO so that their products can be accessed throughout the world.
5. SEO vs SEM
Sometimes, different terms of the same game confuse the beginners, so it will be good to understand the key difference between “search engine optimization” and “search engine marketing” as explained in the following points.
· SEO is the activity of improving both the quality and quantity of a site to get it organically at a higher position in search engines
· SEM stands for “Search Engine Marketing”, its goal is the same as SEO but SEM is the activity of getting traffic from both paid search and organic search.
· SEM is a shortcut for SEO
· In SEM, you can quickly target new audiences, turn on or off the ad, and can test new tactics. Example: Google Ads
· SEM and SEO, both have their specific benefits depending on the budget and time.
6. Call for Action!
Creative Insights is a leading digital marketing agency in Pakistan, prominent in the market as a problem solver. If you are the owner of a company or brand, let us help the billions of your customers know about your products and services. Creative Insights (www.creativeinsights.pk ) consists of an experienced team of digital marketers equipped with modern SEO tools including content or blog post writers, graphic designers, and web developers for IBL and OBL services. Contact us now and enjoy the ride of boost in the tides of the digital revolution.